Monday 2 April 2012

Information On My Music Magazine

How many photos did I take?
Quantity - While taking photos for my magazine, I had to think about the front cover, contents page and the double spread. So just from these pages, I knew I would have to take quiet a lot of photos. By taking numerous snaps it would enable me to pick and choose the best pictures that I need for my magazine. Considering there is going to be a photo for the front cover, roughly five for the contents page and a massive one for the double spread page, I would need to take at least 15. In the end I took 22 photos for my front cover.

What were the locations?
Location the location for my photos were at my house, as I didn't really have time to scour a location in south east Kent that would suit the genre of R&B and Hip-Hop. But as most of the magazines I looked at had a plain background, I thought it to be acceptable to take photos at my house. The reason for the locations I chose were because they were simple to access and did not obstruct the conventions of a R&B and Hip-Hop magazine (neither did they promote them).

What props were used?
Props – When I browsed through R&B and Hip-Hop magazines I saw very little props being used. But even though I saw a lack of props, I managed to throw a couple in into my pictures. For example in one picture I had boxing gloves on, which is a reference to the mega R&B star Chris Brown and him beating up yet another massive R&B star, Rihanna. In another photo I am juggling pool balls, although that does not really promote R&B and Hip-Hop.

What types of shots were used?
Shots Most of the shots I used for the photos were close-ups or medium shots. However there is that odd one or two photo which is a long shot. For example when I jump in the air, the photo is a long shot so it gets the surroundings and me jumping in the air. The photo I am going to use in the front cover will be a close-up shot of my face, and this will be in relation to most R&B and Hip-Hop magazines, who typically have only a close-up of their main star. The contents page will have various pictures with various shots, and finally a massive long shot to fill up the double page.

Colour and resolution?

Colour and Resolution – I edited a lot of the photos I took and added various effects onto the picture. For example I turned one picture into black and white, I comic sketch effect, mirror effect and a lot more. I kept the close-ups as natural as possible and realistic. My camera is a 14.1 mega-pixel camera.

Framing composition?

Framing Composition – I used the technique framing in a lot of my photos. For example there is a picture where I am sitting in front of cream sofas, cream wall and a white rug. The light colours bring out the dark clothes that I was wearing.

Mise-en-Scene?

Lighting – There are five pictures of myself in which I am standing next to a shadow of myself. For that shot I needed to be in a dark room and had to use a separate light to create the shadow. All of the pictures of myself had lighting in the right place.
Costume – The clothes that I had on would sort of convey the message of R&B and Hip-Hop because I had a polo t-shirt and hi tops on, which can be related to R&B attire.
Background – About 90% of my pictures all had a clear background which would be associated with a R&B and Hip-Hop magazine.

Pages
My magazine will have about 30 pages because my magazine is targeting the younger generation, about 16-35. As I am targeting this age group they would read much less than the older generation, therefore I would have to keep the magazine succinct and sweet.


Price
As I said in my last bullet point I will be targeting the younger generation and that has affected my pricing of the magazine. The younger generation is the most likely age group to be unemployed, therefore my magazine will need to be of a cheap price compard to other magazines. That is why the cost for my magazine will be £1.50. The advantage to such a low price is the fact that it is very competitive in comparison to other music magazines.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment