Monday 2 April 2012

Information On My Contents Page

The shot I used for my contents is a medium long shot. Due to the fact that the camera has got a bit more of myself in the shot shows that the readers are getting closer to the full picture, which would come up in the double spread to show that the artist (me) has become uncovered. I am now looking straight into the camera, lifting up the veil of mystery which I had in my front cover. However the sense of mystery would remain due to the picture being put in black and white. This would also change once the double spread is designed, to colour, which would finally 'reveal' the artist. I believe my contents page is within the R&B, Hip-Hop and Pop genre, because of the page not being filled up to much. This contents page has been heavily influenced by VIBE's contents page starring Kanye West. Yet again the picture for my contents page will be the same as the front cover, black and white. The reason for this being is that I want a constant theme of black and white, which would indicate mystery. This would then change when it comes to the double page, where the full picture of me will be in colour. The background is plain, white and empty., so I can fill it with contents and features, and this will take up a big part of the page. There will be a colour theme of black, white and red which is being upheld throughout the magazine.

It is very important that every page in the magazine look like they are from the same issue and that is why there should be a strong relationship between them in terms of font, colour, size etc. That is why it is of essence for the contents page and the front cover to resemble each other, so that the same message is being broadcasted by both pages which is that this magazine is the magazine for all R&B, Hip-Hop and Pop fans:




No comments:

Post a Comment